- NSSOT - Executive Director Vacancy
Nova Scotia Society of Occupational Therapists (NSSOT) is seeking a part-time (8-10 hours a week) Executive Director (ED)
NSSOT is responsible for advocating and promoting the profession of occupational therapy (OT) as well as enabling occupation in Nova Scotia. The ED is responsible for the day to day management of NSSOT, including human resources, strategic planning and monitoring, policy development, finance, communications, events/consultations, partnership development, and government relations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Collaborate with Office Manager to manage daily administration of NSSOT’s affairs and operations
• Building positive relationships and communicating with community, business leaders, public officers, related professional organizations, membership & fee payers of OT services
• Recruit and support executive members and volunteers in their roles
• Assist in the preparation of documents, proposals and briefs
• Promote OT to consumers, government, allied groups and the media
• Work in conjunction with executive committee towards accomplishing strategic direction
• Attends monthly executive meetings and provides written summary reports on activities to NSSOT Executive Committee
• Demonstrated abilities in advocacy, promotion and marketing
• Experience in budget development, strategic planning and financial management
• Knowledge of privacy legislation and demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Background in Business Administration or marketing is preferred
• Experience as an Executive Director for a Non-Profit Agency would be an asset
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to develop and build relationships
• Proficient computer skills and aptitude
• Strong work ethic with a positive attitude
• Organizational and time management capabilities
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong problem solving, decision making and leadership skills
If you are interested in the position and meet the above criteria please forward your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Part time/Contract Employment - Harbourside Rehabilitation Solutions
Harbourside Rehabilitation Solutions (Harbourside) is a Nova Scotia company formed in 2003 which is owned and operated by Occupational Therapists, Patti Card and Sherry Ross. The company provides occupational therapy and vocational rehabilitation services in the private sector. For further information about our services, please refer to our website at www.harboursiderehab.ca Due to our continued growth, we are seeking the services of an enthusiastic and dynamic Occupational Therapist on a part time, contract basis for vocational case management services.
Major roles and responsibilities may include:
• Provision of disability case management services
• Facilitating transitional return to work programs
• Provision of vocational counselling services
• Current registration with COTNS.
• Minimum two years full time experience in vocational rehabilitation.
• Strong interpersonal as well as time management skills and able to work independently
• Strong attention to detail and report writing skills
• As consultants work from their home office, must have a home office including computer, dedicated phone line, fax and shredding device.
• Must have reliable method of transportation and a willingness to travel throughout Nova Scotia.
• Must be available during day time, weekday hours at least two days per week
• Experience in a case management type role is essential.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (902) 832-1810. We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please feel free to contact us at (902) 446-0528.