- * NEW* - Career Posting Fee Schedule
Looking for NSSOT to post your job ad?
2 week posting $50.00 NSSOT Member 2 week posting $100.00 Non-Member
4 week posting $75.00 NSSOT Member 4 week posting $150.00 Non-Member
8 week posting $125.00 NSSOT Member 8 week posting $250.00 Non-Member
We will accept e-transfers or cheques as payment.
Once payment has been received your ad will be posted.
- PT-Occupational Therapist Position
We are seeking an occupational therapy consultant to work 2-3 days per week on our Veteran’s Affairs Canada (VAC) contract.
Mandatory Qualifications: must have worked as a Registered Occupational Therapist with an adult population for a minimum of two years full time in the past seven years.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia (COTNS) as well as current malpractice insurance.
• Must have experience with wheelchair prescription and making recommendations for home modifications.
• Experience working in geriatrics and mental health are considered assets.
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to work independently.
• Strong attention to detail.
Key terms of the contract
• The working relationship with Harbourside will be that of consultant and not employee.
• The consultant will provide occupational therapy services for the contract position of District Occupational Therapist at the Halifax District office of Veteran’s Affairs Canada (VAC) according to the terms of Harbourside’s contract with Veteran’s Affairs Canada.
• The role of District Occupational Therapist involves sending out referrals to occupational therapy vendors in the community, reviewing OT reports, communicating with community OTs/vendors etc, liaising with other VAC team members to address needs of veterans. May occasionally require completing in home visits to veterans.
• All work will be completed at the Halifax District Office of Veteran’s Affairs Canada, Mumford Road, Halifax.
• The consultant will work 7.5 hours per shift. The days of work and hours are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The hours and days are somewhat flexible.
• Will require undergoing Federal Government security check if successful candidate.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (902) 832-1810. We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please feel free to contact us at (902) 446-4442